Saturday, September 12, 2009

Thai Kitchen

Another restaurant, another review. Thai Kitchen, formerly call "Thai Pepper" is a place to go if you're looking to try something you've never had before. The menu is full of exotic things that some might find enjoyable; e.g., catfish. Before I posted this blog I talked with all of my friends about what they thought about this restaurant; what I heard I'd agree with. The overall quality of the food is probably lower than that of your typical thai restaurant. Not that it doesn't taste good, it's just not amazing. That noted, the price you pay for the food may not be worth it. Food averages about nine dollars a plate and so it's left to you to figure out about what your wallet will allow for.

I was chatting with a friend a moment ago about her experience there and she mentioned that she requested the bamboo shoots to be taken out of her food, which weren't. I mention that but we have to remember two things: (1) people make mistakes (2) one mistake doesn't mean it happens every time. I haven't had an issue with the staff there and I find them kind. When it comes to food it's been enjoyable minus one dish that I experimented with. The green curry to me tasted too sweet and there was an overpowering leaf that was added that basically overpowered the taste of the whole meal. The peanut curry is delicious. I haven't heard anyone complain about it. I have also heard good things about the yellow curry. Here's the info you'll need:

-Rice is $1 - unlimited
283 E 300 S,
Provo, UT 84606
(801) 370-9894

No comments:

Post a Comment